-----Original Message-----
From: Pavel Ozhdikhin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:18 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [drlvm][test]Exclude some tests from "build test" target,
make 'build test' pass

On 10/26/06, Gregory Shimansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 October 2006 21:05 Rana Dasgupta wrote:
> > The ideal way would be for acceptance tests like "build test" to
always
> > pass and to catch and roll back the patch that breaks this
invariant,
> > rather than to disable the tests. But I agree with Vera, it is
important
> > keep a running set up as acceptance tests, so disabling the well
known
> > failures may be the only way until we fix the problems.
> >
> > I don't know that any of the tests are "unstable". These are
> implementation
> > bugs. gc.LOS is a bug in thread yielding by the apr Windows
> functionality.
> > The java.lang.ObjectTest also looks like an interpreter
implementation
> > error.
>
> I wonder about gc.LOS, I remember there was a discussion, and I think
> there
> were patches too. But I cannot find any right now. Were there any
fixes to
> the problem which made gc.LOS to work on WinXP?

This is Harmony-1933
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1933> issue
and it still lacks a patch.

Thanks,
Pavel

Hmm and java.lang.ObjectTest works for me both on windows and linux...

> --

Pavel, test java.lang.ObjectTest fails very seldom. I checked it on Win
XP, ia32, interpreter, release configuration. It didn't fail yesterday
25 October, but it failed 24 October (vm revision: 467401 classlib
revision: 467390) and about a week ago, so it's unstable.