Tonny,

Tonny Lau wrote:
Hi,

I want to override some specific java methods with native fast path
implementations. So I try to override them in
compile_do_compilation_jit()(vm/vmcore/src/jit/compile.cpp), that is,
I add several entries in
_stub_override_entries_base[](vm/vmcore/src/util/ia32/base/compile_IA32.cpp),
and lookup this table
before invoke jit->compile_method_with_params().

It works for JET, but failed when OPT recompile these method. Does the OPT
go different path?

I suppose it's because OPT inlines the methods of your interest, so they simply do not go through the VM's compilation machinery.

If so, how can I override it? Does anyone can help me?

Try to turn off inlining in OPT - will it help?

  Alex