Jet is a startup fast compilation path, not a seperate pluggable jit. So,
while modularity and seperation are important requirements,  they may not
be
needed here.

JET can work standalone (-Xem:jet specified), OPT can work standalone
(-Xem:opt), so from "outside" POV they are independent. Also, correct me if
I'm wrong, OPT does not reuse the results of JET compilation when
recompiling methods - it has its own completely independent pipeline.

We have lots of GCs now but we only have one JIT although modularity concept
of DRLVM allows to create different JITs.

Also, Mikhail and Alex are the best people to decide on this.They are
literally the two people who know this code best :-)

Sure they are. That's why I've asked. They both have opposite POVs though.

--
Pavel Pervov,