Alexey Varlamov wrote:
2006/11/15, Gregory Shimansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> The guilty change is the following, which effectively turns on
> VM_LAZY_EXCEPTION support in exceptions_impl.cpp:

Well this is a patch from HARMONY-2018 which doesn't hide the fact that
it enables lazy exceptions. Why shouldn't we enable them?

The point is not that we should or should not enable them, rather the
fact that the regression appeared due to this change. I just tried to
localize the problem hoping it will help to resolve this regression
soon instead of reverting.

Actually if you revert the patch (I've tried) this doesn't seem to fix
the test. At least the exceptions are still there, not sure about test
PASSED status.

Verbose test output is confusing but itself does no harm. I found so

Ah this explains it. When I tried to investigate the regression I've reverted the patch and tried the test alone. I saw exceptions and thought that the test failed. I didn't realize that it is just an output.

far the following:
1) the test fails on this assertion (ClassGenericsTest4.java:799):
if (!(e.getCause() instanceof java.lang.reflect.GenericSignatureFormatError)) {
   fail("test_3, case 003 FAILED: GenericSignatureFormatError should
be risen.");
}
because of e.getCause() returns null. That is, lazy machinery drops
the cause of InvocationTargetException, I did not yet figured out why.

I see. If the problem appears to be hard to solve we should revert the HARMONY-2018 patch.

2) Test report provides the following diagnostics:
java.lang.NullPointerException at
junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:168). This seems to
point to the same problem: lost cause exception after reflection.

--
Gregory