I don't know that it is censorship. No library, so far as I know,
prohibits ("censors") any publication but no library buys everything and
libraries  use standards like  accuracy, quality, and the purpose and clientele
of a particular library. Our library, for example, does collect a certain
amount of anti-semitic materials because of a history course offered here
on the subject. That doesn't mean all libraries should collect such material,
however, in my opinion.  With all due respect, I think being blanketly
against "censorship" tends  not allow us to fittingly judge and evaluate.

                              Shmuel Ben-Gad,
                              Gelman Library,
                              George Washington University.

HaSafran - The Electronic Forum of the Association of Jewish Libraries

Submissions for HaSafran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AJL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org/