I am grateful that these sentiments are being expressed.  I'm just starting
out my career in librarianship and have to pay for activities such as
conventions on my own.  There are a variety of reasons why someone may not
have the funds to attend an AJL conference, and the proverbial ball field
should be leveled as much as possible.

How about a place like The Pearlstone Conference and Retreat Center in
Reisterstown, Maryland, for
example?  <http://www.pearlstonecenter.org>http://www.pearlstonecenter.org

Shabbat Shalom,
Tracy Z. Maleeff

Tracy Z. Maleeff
University of Pittsburgh
MLIS '05
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]