Aaron,
You wrote:
"Keyword can not cope with different authors
using different terminology (such as someone who doesn't know the
difference between Palestinian dinosaur tracks and Israeli dinosaur
tracks, or that the Rambam wrote books on Arabic drugs while Musa ibn
Maymun al-Qurtubi al-Andalusi wrote books on Jewish law)"

What does this have to do with series authority headings?

I never expressed opposition to names and subjects authorities.
I just think that series authoities are a waste of time, while cataloging
each and every distinct title in a monographic series provides much
improved access.

AA

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:      Hasafran @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to:   Listproc @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu