Dear Colleagues,

I spoke with Esther and reiterated to her my personal appreciation
for the connections she made for me. It was Esther Nussbaum who told
me that there was a job opening at JTS and encouraged me to apply in
the summer of 1987. It is to Esther that I give thanks for her
support in "launching" my career as a Judaica librarian.

Esther has made an enormous contribution to the field of Judaica
librarianship both at Ramaz, developing the library and its'
programming and in her involvement in AJL on a national level and in
the NYMA Chapter. Her intelligence, sensitivity, grace and charm have
enabled her access to may outstanding people who she has brought to
the organization and enabled to contribute.

I wish Esther all good things in her new career. I am sure that this
new chapter will be a most satisfying combination of new, interesting
work and family time. I am so glad that we live close to each other
and will continue to see each other regularly on a social basis.

Yashar koach and may you go from strength to strength!

Naomi

Naomi M. Steinberger
Director of Library Services
Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary
3080 Broadway
New York, NY 10027
phone: 212-678-8982
fax: 212-678-8891

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]