Hey, team, how's autumn treating everybody? Though fall has always
been my favourite season hands down (I love the smell), I have to
admit that I'm enjoying this one even more than usual. I wonder why
that might be. Anyways,

Madden,Emily A wrote:

>Will we be able to print-off copies of the entire newsletter....
and this sparked a thought in my head. How's this for an idea? (I'm
not trying to be a smart-butt here so bear with and humour me a
little...) Instead of a news-letter, why not a AJL, 3-times-a-year,
news-paper?

I really like getting the newsletters. I've saved every single one
over these last 13 years, but even I have had to recognize that I
rarely re-read 10-year old newsletters no matter what the
organization might be (except for maybe Pomegranite Guild Jewish
Needlework club which has some really cool patterns for tora scroll
covers and petit point tallit bags...), especially if I can find the
articles in the AJL web page. Rarely do I take the vintage issues out
for some light after-supper pre-bedtime reading.

On the other hand, I like buying newspapers, too. Mostly because they
are multi-purpose items. I cut articles out of newspapers and keep
them in folders. I read all the advertisements and do the sudoku
puzzle. (an Atlantic Monthly-style, jewish library puzzle might be
fun).  I save newspapers for up to 2-3 months and then when there's
enough I recycle them or turn them into papier mache puppets or other
manual arts projects, re-line the canary's cage or use them for
draining the oil from falafel and Januca sufganiot.

The news-letter could be printed as a news-paper with book adverts,
chapter news, blurry photos of smiling persons, an opinionated column
or two, ya di ya di da.... And if you want to save them, you can do that, too.

Happy autumn and
Besos de Valencia
Alba
*************************