This might sound sacrilegious, but if G-d's name isn't written in the
book, (meaning, it's not a religious item), and no-one wants the book,
there are some amazing DIY projects online to make mobiles, purses, and
the like.  I have an Ellison die cut machine with a bookmark die cut.  I
used an old decrepit book (that was not religious!) to create bookmarks.
I then highlighted specific words to create a brief poem on the face of
the bookmark.  My volunteer loved it as an impromptu gift.  Hang them in
your library window as decorative art!

Well, it's an idea.  I'm still trying to talk patrons into taking old
discarded VHS tapes-I've suggested they unwind the ribbon, and crochet a
purse.

It's the "green" way to go.

Susan Fried

Koopman Senior Librarian