Interestingly enough, though, kosher meals can be ordered.

Perhaps the registration form is simply a holdover from previous years, and
the conference organizers need to have the egregious omission of Israel
brought to their attention.

Shaindy Kurzmann
George T. Potter Library,
Ramapo College of New Jersey

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 12:01 PM Shmuel Ben-Gad via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> A colleague of mine wrote me: :"You might be interested to know that I
> just came across yet another conference in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
> which excludes participants from Israel, by omitting Israel from the
> "Country" field
> A colleague of mine wrote me: :"You might be interested to know that I
> just came across yet another conference in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
> which excludes participants from Israel, by omitting Israel from the
> "Country" field on the registration form:
>
> Conference:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iatul2023.zu.ac.ae/__;!!KGKeukY!1NoMCuNOLoCzsRMboIjwyy4UqR60BjDkxkMaJUi_nM0Wj5K-rH2vKh1AZI0OuygFdcOamaObSUHmXl_EmBIIAaI$
>
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iatul2023.zu.ac.ae/__;!!KGKeukY!3gauUU3rAn4HBW218DIlONvxJL5K3OWAFWnobLbl06kGGWJCmuVhFb1IDjcwT2icu4HK2xoa5dDztRS0rlRS$>
>
> Registration form:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://epay.zu.ac.ae/edIATUL/Index.aspx__;!!KGKeukY!1NoMCuNOLoCzsRMboIjwyy4UqR60BjDkxkMaJUi_nM0Wj5K-rH2vKh1AZI0OuygFdcOamaObSUHmXl_ECWNq01Q$
>
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conferences.uaeu.ac.ae/etd2021/en/uaeu_registration.shtml__;!!KGKeukY!3gauUU3rAn4HBW218DIlONvxJL5K3OWAFWnobLbl06kGGWJCmuVhFb1IDjcwT2icu4HK2xoa5dDztbPpxyOs$>
> "
>
> --
> Shmuel Ben-Gad,
> Gelman Library,
> George Washington University.
>
> "[I]n Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror,
> murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci,
> and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love.  They had 500
> years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo
> clock."--Harry Lime in  the film "The Third Man".
>

> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!1NoMCuNOLoCzsRMboIjwyy4UqR60BjDkxkMaJUi_nM0Wj5K-rH2vKh1AZI0OuygFdcOamaObSUHmXl_E8SEBwkk$
>
> Earlier Listserver:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!1NoMCuNOLoCzsRMboIjwyy4UqR60BjDkxkMaJUi_nM0Wj5K-rH2vKh1AZI0OuygFdcOamaObSUHmXl_E8SEBwkk$
>
> AJL HomePage
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!1NoMCuNOLoCzsRMboIjwyy4UqR60BjDkxkMaJUi_nM0Wj5K-rH2vKh1AZI0OuygFdcOamaObSUHmXl_EX_PrqZw$

Susan B. Kurzmann
Archives, Reference, and Instruction Librarian
George T. Potter Library; Ramapo College of New Jersey
505 Ramapo Valley Road; Mahwah, NJ 07430
201.684.7199    FAX:
201.684.7628skurzman@ramapo.eduhttp://libguides.ramapo.edu/archives