From: Hasafran <hasafran-boun...@lists.osu.edu> on behalf of Shmuel Ben-Gad via
Hasafran <hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 7:52 AM
To: hasafran@lists.osu.edu <hasafran@lists.osu.edu>
Subject: ex: [ha-Safran] Discrimination at a library conference

A colleague of mine wrote me: :"You might be interested to know that I just
came across yet another conference in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) which
excludes participants from Israel, by omitting Israel from the "Country" field
A colleague of mine wrote me: :"You might be interested to know that I just
came across yet another conference in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) which
excludes participants from Israel, by omitting Israel from the "Country" field
on the registration form:

Conference:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iatul2023.zu.ac.ae/__;!!KGKeukY!1PZnK_HVbCCHgdayGxphNRFYPRTC5e9ncww3jT_3cLc5feKVXgM2jzH7BhGiCQEzjwAAlVgl50YGHz7bVdV22OiaiQ$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iatul2023.zu.ac.ae/__;!!KGKeukY!3gauUU3rAn4HBW218DIlONvxJL5K3OWAFWnobLbl06kGGWJCmuVhFb1IDjcwT2icu4HK2xoa5dDztRS0rlRS$>
Registration form:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://epay.zu.ac.ae/edIATUL/Index.aspx__;!!KGKeukY!1PZnK_HVbCCHgdayGxphNRFYPRTC5e9ncww3jT_3cLc5feKVXgM2jzH7BhGiCQEzjwAAlVgl50YGHz7bVdXPLNw0uA$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conferences.uaeu.ac.ae/etd2021/en/uaeu_registration.shtml__;!!KGKeukY!3gauUU3rAn4HBW218DIlONvxJL5K3OWAFWnobLbl06kGGWJCmuVhFb1IDjcwT2icu4HK2xoa5dDztbPpxyOs$>"

--
Shmuel Ben-Gad,
Gelman Library,

"[I]n Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror,
murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and
the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love.  They had 500 years of
democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."--Harry Lime
in  the film "The Third Man".

CAUTION: This is an external email: is it safe?

http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html
Earlier Listserver:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html