Michelle,

I don't know the ReSourceMate catalog program. Is there a way you can remove
the catalog records of the books you are not keeping in a batch process, and
not have to do so one by one? Are there barcodes on the books that you can scan
into a file and then upload them to the library system to delete those records?

Hebrew College moved to a new campus in January, a smaller campus. We went from
what had been a few years ago a 90,000-volume library down to about 14,000
volumes. Preparing for the move we had selected the books we are keeping by
putting colored stickers on the books.
I hired some teenagers scan the barcodes for those books we had selected to
keep into a number of files, and I changed the holding records for the books we
are keeping to a new collection in the library system using a batch program. I
was then going to delete all of the remaining records in the old collection
with another batch program.
During the move we were told by the movers that we had packed more books than
we had room for. I knew that beforehand but was told we could bring them over
to the new building and deal with weeding more out later. We had no space in
the new building to store the books so the last two days of the move we were
told we had to pull out an additional 4-5000 books. Those included books that
had the holding records already changed to the new collection.
I am now in the processing of scanning again all of the barcodes of the books
that we kept for the library and again changing the holding records to our new
collection. I will then use a batch process to remove the 50-60,000 records
from catalog that are in the old collection that are no longer here. By the end
of the summer, I should be finished.

Harvey

[1585833722787]
Harvey Sukenic
Library Director

617.559.8757 telephone
617.559.8751 fax
617.559.8750 library main desk
hsuke...@hebrewcollege.edu<mailto:hsuke...@hebrewcollege.edu>
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.hebrewcollege.edu__;!!KGKeukY!0QI8KgwHD8gBIhBc7Jj6yVT5ECxS0gtoxihjlfIWvPsHaW7leCrJtv5vBc0uX1V_mnkLLutSfBzRU3LRbxHa0doOm5LSng$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.hebrewcollege.edu/__;!!KGKeukY!0QI8KgwHD8gBIhBc7Jj6yVT5ECxS0gtoxihjlfIWvPsHaW7leCrJtv5vBc0uX1V_mnkLLutSfBzRU3LRbxHa0dp6QhQ9lA$

Rae & Joseph Gann Library
Hebrew College
1860 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02466

Reimagining Jewish Learning and Leadership for an Interconnected World

Follow Hebrew College on
Facebook<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://facebook.com/hebrewcollege__;!!KGKeukY!0QI8KgwHD8gBIhBc7Jj6yVT5ECxS0gtoxihjlfIWvPsHaW7leCrJtv5vBc0uX1V_mnkLLutSfBzRU3LRbxHa0dpzoZgDzg$
Instagram<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://instagram.com/hebrewcollege__;!!KGKeukY!0QI8KgwHD8gBIhBc7Jj6yVT5ECxS0gtoxihjlfIWvPsHaW7leCrJtv5vBc0uX1V_mnkLLutSfBzRU3LRbxHa0dp6l5F-Jg$
YouTube<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUhjv2S4TW_7rm3ha-tlinQ__;!!KGKeukY!0QI8KgwHD8gBIhBc7Jj6yVT5ECxS0gtoxihjlfIWvPsHaW7leCrJtv5vBc0uX1V_mnkLLutSfBzRU3LRbxHa0dpT55tAmg$
 > | Listen to Hebrew College's Speaking Torah
podcast<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://hebrewcollege.edu/podcast__;!!KGKeukY!0QI8KgwHD8gBIhBc7Jj6yVT5ECxS0gtoxihjlfIWvPsHaW7leCrJtv5vBc0uX1V_mnkLLutSfBzRU3LRbxHa0dpo-kJriw$

http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html
Earlier Listserver:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html