Udo Stenzel wrote:
Strange, I always thought predictable, understandable and above all
correct code would be the primary goal, with small and quick code coming
later.

Depends on what you mean by "quick" and "small". Do you mean that the program should execute fast and have a small memmory foot-print? If so, I agree. If what you mean is that the programmer should be able to finish the project quickly and it shouldn't have too many lines of code, then I think those features are important.

To write interactive Haskell code well, you have to understand
higher order functions.

That's scary, that you need advanced knowledge just to do IO.

Unless you want to
teach people to program as they would do in Basic, that is.

I don't know what you mean by that.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--