Henning Thielemann wrote:
IO is always complicated:

I have never once thought it was complicated. All I've ever needed are "print()" and "readLine()" and those shouldn't be complicated IMO. And I wouldn't want to wait for page 120 to learn how to do that. My programs are not going to be useful if they can't get user input or produce output. I don't want to wait for page 120 to write my first useful program.

So I prefer starting a tutorial without IO,
interaction in GHCi and Hugs should be enough for the beginning.

GHCi and Hugs are enough for the /beginning/ yes, but that doesn't mean that IO should go on chapter 7. How about putting it in chapter 2?

Cheers,
Daniel
--
     /\/`) http://oooauthors.org