On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:32:05 +0200, Jules Bean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Cristian Baboi wrote:
Let me ask you 3 simple questions.
Can one use Haskell to make dynamically linked libraries (DLL on Windows, so on Linux) ?

The short answer is yes.

The long answer is that this is not a feature of haskell, but rather a feature of certain programs, which happen to be mostly but not entirely written in haskell, in particular, the haskell compiler. GHC can produce dynamically linked libraries.

What you choose not to notice is the context in which I asked these questions.
The context is: Haskell functions as first-class objects.
What I am interested in the first place is dynamically linked libraries written in Haskell and used in Haskell.
The interface with other languages like C come second.

 If yes, what is in them ?

Object code, mostly. Sometimes a little data.

What is the definition of an entry point in Haskell ?
What is the semantics of those entry points ?