Haskell's networking support is very rudimentary. Erlang's is quite sophisticated. For network intensive applications, especially those requiring messaging, fault-tolerance, distribution, and so forth, there's no doubt that Erlang is a more productive choice.

Not because of the language, per se, but because of all the stuff that is packaged with it, or available for it.

Regards,

John