On Nov 17, 2009, at 11:36 , Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 3:00 AM, Simon Marlow <marlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've just uploaded deepseq-1.0.0.0 to Hackage

 http://hackage.haskell.org/package/deepseq

This provides a DeepSeq class with a deepseq method, equivalent to the existing NFData/rnf in the parallel package.

If it's equivalent, what are the relevant differences? Why would I choose DeepSeq over NFData or vice versa?

Considering that he said he's going to be using it in parallel, the difference is merely that it's usable *without* parallel. It's about dependencies, not functionality.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu