At 11:00 AM +0000 11/17/09, Simon Marlow wrote:
I've just uploaded deepseq-1.0.0.0 to Hackage

  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/deepseq

This provides a DeepSeq class with a deepseq method, equivalent to the existing NFData/rnf in the parallel package. I'll be using this in a newly revamped parallel package, which I hope to upload shortly.

Cheers,
        Simon

The documentation claim that "The default implementation of 'deepseq' is simply 'seq'" is not exactly right, as `deepseq` and `seq` have different signatures. Which raises the more interesting question: Why did you choose a different signature? And, would a version of `seq` with the same signature as `deepseq` be useful?

Dean