Yeah, I'm top-posting... blame google mail.

At least you can turn off Spotlight. You have to edit /etc/hostconfig and
change "SPOTLIGHT=-YES-" to "SPOTLIGHT=-NO-".

No Mac at my office (only at home.) I wonder if it has something for
Dashboard, too?

On 4/17/07, Andy Armstrong <a...@hexten.net> wrote:

On 17 Apr 2007, at 16:36, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
> I know that when the mouse pointer transforms into a spinning
> psychedelic mandala that the computer has been struck by a wave of
> nirvana
> which a mere unenlightened novice like myself cannot ever hope to
> understand.

It's thinking "I wish I had more memory. I wish he'd disable that
Dashboard shite."