I don't have any Dashboard widgets, I played with them briefly but when I saw how my CPU time jumped when I brought up Dashboard I switched back to Konfabulator. It's a little more complex to create widgets since you don't have all of Webkit to play with, but on the other hand you don't have all of Webkit to weigh you down... so when some idiot writes a widget that refreshes every 30ms it doesn't actually try and do do 33 HTML page refreshes a second. Not that I'm happy with doing that many updates but at least it's just a single statically positioned control it's beating on.