On 05/05/07 07:53 A. Pagaltzis wrote:

> I consider that a distro hate. If you build Perl from source,
> then yes it is reasonable for CPAN.pm to ask a bunch of
> questions. But if you're installing a package, then your vendor
> should know a set of reasonable defaults to supply and should
> damn well supply it.

Some distros have a hard time with you installing by compiling from the
source.  Actually, they work fine until there's an update or upgrade.  Then
it gets confused by a newer version of some program (it could be something
as minor as an unusual LaTeX style or newer version of Rhythmbox) that the
upgrade halts, leaving your system in a wonderfully unstable state that
requires you to do a fresh install anyway.