On 2008-02-20 at 23:41 -0800, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> [1] In this case, a domain registrar.  So it's not like they don't know
> these computery things.

My domain registrar sends out robot mails PGP signed.  But I'm not sure
that any of the sigs on the key (0x1144E223) are anything but clueless
sigs by people who don't understand the testimony implied by a PGP key
signature.  Certainly no sigs from keys which are clearly staff keys for
the registrar.

Unfortunately, I can't use PGP-signed email to communicate with them
because I'm not a reseller.  :^(  And it looks like they still expect
inline signatures instead of MIME-based PGP sigs.  *shrug*

On the bright side again, they were able to set up IPv6-only NS glue for
one of my NS records, so I have an IPv6-only delegation path for my
domains.  On the dark side, the online tools couldn't quite handle it,
but on the bright side they were willing to set it up manually, despite
my being a lowly registrant and not a reseller.

So there is some hope in the domain registration world.