Hi Aaron,

* Aaron Crane <a...@aaroncrane.co.uk> [2008-10-14 00:20]:
> I’m curious to know if there’s a reason you export an empty
> `LC_ALL` rather than unsetting it.

if there is, I don’t remember. I think it might have been that
I wasn’t sure how unsetting variables interplays with exporting
them vs. not. It did what I want, so I never thought about it.

I don’t know how long it’s been there since I *still* don’t
version my dotfiles (although now that I have gotten the git
fever I no longer have any excuse, and have been meaning to get
around to it), but I can say with good certainty that it’s been
like that for over 5 years (ie. for most of my Unix life, which
started belatedly in late 2000 – with a copy of Slackware 7.1).

Regards,