Peter Corlett <ab...@cabal.org.uk> writes:

> On 4 Mar 2009, at 10:56, Matthew King wrote:
> > [ Assuming you meant to send this to the list and now find some
> > combination of your MUA and the list software more hateful than you
> > did previously. ]
>
> [ Correct. Reply-To: munging considered less hateful than not doing
> so. ]

Also, MUAs should by default reply-to-list (using the List-* headers)
when replying to (or following up to, though I've seen few MUAs with a
followup control. Most call it reply to all) a post on a mailing
list. There's hate there but I don't know where it should go.

Or is it more hateful to have the same control do subtly different
things in different situations?

>> [2] MD5($plain_string) - yay PHP namespaces!
>
> *shrug*
>
> It's not too much different to "use Digest qw/ md5 /;", really, except
> that it's imported whether you want it or not.

That's exactly what I meant. I'm happy to pollute my namespace until it
stinks, and frequently do, but I want to choose to do it.

I don't need to say this (might as well say the sun is hot) but PHP is
full of hate for putting everything in the same (and random) namespace
whether you want it or not.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely