Your Mutt munges my Mutt’s UTF-8. Hate.

Bruce Richardson:

> On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 11:50:23AM +0100, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:

> > Aristotle Pagaltzis:

> > > I used to use it back when I was on Win95. It was the best Win32
> > > GUI MUA around, by a margin. (The next best choice was Outlook
> > > Express...)

> > You’re forgetting Pegasus Mail.
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_Mail

> Pegasus Mail had (and still has) one of the most hateful UIs ever seen
> on a Win32 application. Almost any useful feature you might think of
> has both its configuration and its implementation scattered across
> multiple menus and combo boxes.

That’s true; IIRC, switching to The Bat! was a step forward in
this regard – and by the above I just meant I preferred PM over OE.

> It's a hateful nostalgia trip to the 80s in terms of a UI xperience.

Ah-ha! But it *is* a nostalgia trip. Those were my first online days,
when Poland was fresh off of the CoCom list and we were indulging
ourselves in Western technology…

> The way it works with storage is loathsome as well.

Might be true as well. By the time I got interested in email
storage I was using Debian, Mutt and Maildirs as gods intended.

— Shot
--
uoıʇɔnɹʇsuoɔ ɹəpun