On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:05:12 -0500, "Shawn P. Stanley"
<sh...@nbs-inc.com> wrote:

> I worked with a man who had no middle name (Vankatesh Presaud), but the
> networking people needed a middle initial because three letters were
> required for a login.

FCK, LOL, and other three-letter acronyms spring to mind ...
In the Netherlands there is IIRC a law that forbids letter groups on
the new licence plates that refer to `bad' things like the WW-II, so we
won't get plates with "40-NSB-5"

> So he was given an "I" as a middle initial for network access, and became VIP.

That is funny.
My *middle* name is the name people know me by: "Merijn"
My initial is *in front* of that: H.Merijn Brand
Try to enter that in the braindead US forms

--
H.Merijn Brand  http://tux.nl      Perl Monger  http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.10.x, 5.11.x on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00,