Roger Burton West <ro...@firedrake.org> writes:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:52:33PM -0700, Gerry Lawrence wrote:
>
>>Um, what?   gmail may be hateful but there is a button that says "edit
>>subject"....
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 09:53:09PM +0200, Nik Clayton wrote:
>
>>There's an "Edit Subject" link right below the cc: text box.  I used it to
>>change the subject of this message.
>
> And neither of these replies had In-Reply-To or References headers, at
> least by the time they reached me.

The fiends!  The people who create new threads by replying to something and
polishing off all the visible parts of the message finally won, so now GMail
does exactly what they *thought* was happening for them.

        Daniel

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, honestly.  I just feel old and
curmudgeonly because of it.

--
X Windows is the Iran-Contra of graphical user interfaces: a tragedy of
political compromises, entangled alliances, marketing hype, and just plain