* Daniel Pittman <dan...@rimspace.net> [2010-10-22 04:50]:
> The fiends!  The people who create new threads by replying to
> something and polishing off all the visible parts of the
> message finally won, so now GMail does exactly what they
> *thought* was happening for them.
>
>         Daniel
>
> I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, honestly.
> I just feel old and curmudgeonly because of it.

I will say it: I like the idea. I have so often been irritated by
people who do not understand threads and use Reply to start a new
one that I would rather accept some of the opposite hate. It is
bound to be rarer, at least so it seems. I also think it could be
fixed by Gmail providing a button to let clueful people reinstate
the headers explicitly after editing the subject. An option to
make this the permanent default should further help those who
know what they are doing.

I share the curmudgeonly sentiment.

Grown old too soon,