H.Merijn Brand <h.m.br...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> # yast2 sw_single
> Absolute path to 'yast2' is '/sbin/yast2', so running it may require
> superuser privileges (eg. root).

I entirely agree that this is utterly hateful.  (For one thing, the
idea that there's a strong relationship between living in a */sbin
directory and requiring superuser privileges is clearly nonsense.)

But the Bash source doesn't seem to contain relevant chunks of that
message, so I fear that, if you want to correctly apportion blame, you
should probably look elsewhere.  If I wanted to do that myself, I'd
start by seeing if SUSE (Yast is a SUSE-ism, right?) has a custom Bash
patch which adds that behaviour.  But I think doing so would probably
just expose me to more software hatefulness, so I'm not going to
bother.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/