Since ROIs are not points, distance between them becomes a trickier
question.  Since areas are connected through white matter rather than gray
matter, that also implies that the easy ways to calculate distance may not
be all that biologically relevant.  This would point to using tractography
to find distances.  So, I don't think there is an easy answer, sorry.

If you want to compute distance along the gray matter anyway, a possibility
is to find the center of gravity of each ROI, translate them back to
surface vertices (the centers will not actually be on the surface anymore,
so you may want to double check them), and then find geodesic distances
between those points (you can use -surface-geodesic-distance, running it
once per area - you can then get the values from the other vertices near
the centers to build the all-to-all matrix a row at a time).  Note,
however, that this will not give you a distance to areas in the other
hemisphere.

Tim

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Gopalakrishnan, Karthik <gkart...@gatech.edu