He Leah,

It should not be necessary for you to change any of the lines you show below from the FIX settings.sh file.

Of course, there are certainly lines after those lines in sections labeled "Part I MATLAB settings", "Part II Octave settings", and "Part III General Settings" that you will need to review and update to reflect your environment. But I believe that the lines you have copied into your email should be fine "as is".

  Tim