Dense files have independent values for every vertex and voxel that is
used.  What you are describing (one value per ROI) is a parcellated file,
such as pscalar.  To use them, first make your ROIs into a dlabel file
(give each ROI a separate integer value, and then use wb_command
-cifti-label-import), then use -cifti-parcellate on any same-resolution
dscalar file to get a pscalar file, and then you can use wb_command
-cifti-convert -from-text to turn a text file of numbers into the pscalar
equivalent.  These files will display as expected on the surface and in the
volume, and can additionally be shown in the chart view.

If you actually want a dense file where the values of all the vertices of
an ROI are stored separately as floating point, but all have the same
value, you should probably use matlab to do that.  We don't typically
generate files like this.

Tim