I just filed this JIRA as a blocker for 2.3:

The tl;dr is that JNs will not work with security enabled without this fix.
If others don't think that supporting QJM with security enabled warrants a
blocker for 2.3, then we can certainly lower the priority, but it seems
pretty important to me.

Best,
Aaron

--