Stack,

This seems to me like coloring the good work someone has done with an
unneeded controversy. Color is a matter of choice. The person who did the
fine work had all the rights to choose what he sees as fit. I also think
that while you might think "green" as vendor color, most people probably
will not make the connection you are making or will not care either.

Now what, shades of green, blue, aqua green, orange as colors that are not
allowed for web UI? Would you recommend changing the color if another
vendor pops up with color scheme similar to the Hadoop web UI?

Have you looked at the bigtop main page and all the references to Cloudera
Jenkins? It does not bother me and I believe it should not either. These
are the kind of issues that in the end wastes time and energy! Have you
looked at Oozie and are you going to open a jira to change that as well?

We are better off focusing on things that are productive and important work
related to the project than stirring up unneeded controversy.

Regards,
Suresh

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/