Seems like a reasonable concern or set of concerns about unintended
branding leaking in to what is supposed to be Apache community output. What
am I missing? Calling a community member's concerns "unbelievable" rather
than addressing the concern graciously seems the sin here if anything.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org
> wrote:

> This is unbelievable. This was not deliberate for all I know. It is one of
> the user-names on a machine and it can be anything. So, from on, I cannot
> build and roll a release candidate from my laptop which has usernames set
> to Company*user-name ?
>
> Can you stop digging into trifles of this kind and adding color and
> unwarranted focus? Looking at everything with a green tinted glasses will
> only let you think it is green.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Jan 29, 2014, at 3:33 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> Slightly related, I just ran into this looking back at my 2.2.0 download:
>
> [stack@c2020 hadoop-2.2.0]$ ./bin/hadoop version
> Hadoop 2.2.0
> Subversion https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common -r 1529768
> Compiled by hortonmu on 2013-10-07T06:28Z
>
> Does the apache binary have to be compiled by 'hortonmu'?   Could it be
> compiled by 'arun', or 'apachemu'?
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Best regards,

   - Andy