With all due respect Suresh, the below is awful nonsense.

I say up front what my motivation is -- avoiding vendor branding in Apache
product -- yet you would put upon me another motivation altogether:
creating 'unneeded controversy' *.  This then becomes a launch pad for a
bunch of non-sequiturs:

1. That I am out to disparage someones 'good work'.
2, Color is neutral.
3. Devs can choose any color they want in a software package.
4. Bigtop/Oozie, other Apache projects altogether, have Cloudera references
in their UI (?) so the take away is HWX can do it too, or, because I raise
an issue here -- it is only legit if I do it too in all projects under the
Apache rainbow?

Please be more civil in your communique.  Your attack dog 'flair' has
likely ruined my little survey.  No one is going to comment afraid that
they'll get their heads cut off.

Thanks,
St.Ack

* I have better things to be doing that 'controversy'.  In fact this kind
of 'controversy' makes me nauseous and question why contrib in these parts
at all. I'd trying out the tip of branch-2.3 to try and give feedback
before the lads cut an RC when I ran into the items raised here.