If it's duplicate we should probably back it out, but taking a step back,
is the issue that there isn't good documentation about configuring Metrics2
/ FileSync? I see the API docs, but a user-focused guide on how to
configure Metrics2 would probably be a welcome addition.

HBase has a blog at https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/ this could also be good
content for a blog post.

Best,
Andrew