Current state is the custom stuff in HDFS-8880 is mostly undocumented except
for some tuning bits in hdfs-default.xml vs. the javadocs for metrics2.
Neither of which is ideal.

There’s no doubt the documentation for all of the metrics2 sinks are… sparse.
Which is likely what led to the duplicate functionality. :(