+1 100 is reasonable.

---Original---
From: "Xiaoqiao He"<hexiaoq...@apache.org&gt;
Date: Thu, May 20, 2021 13:35 PM
To: "Masatake Iwasaki"<iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp&gt;;
Cc: "Akira Ajisaka"<aajis...@apache.org&gt;;"Hadoop
Common"<common-...@hadoop.apache.org&gt;;"Hdfs-dev"<hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org&gt;;"yarn-dev"<yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org&gt;;"mapreduce-dev"<mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org&gt;;
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Change project style guidelines to allow line length 100

+1 for <= 100 chars long per line length.

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 10:28 AM Masatake Iwasaki <
iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp&gt; wrote:

&gt; I'm +1 too.
&gt; I feel 80 characters limit tends to degrade readability by introducing
&gt; useless line breaks.
&gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt;
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7813c2f8a49b1d1e7655dad180f2d915a280b2f4d562cfe981e1dd4e%401406489966%40%3Ccommon-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E
&gt;
&gt; I have no inconvenience on 100 characters for using Emacs and side-by-side
&gt; diff even on 13-inch MBP.
&gt;
&gt; Masatake Iwasaki
&gt;