And I've just hit HADOOP-18641. cyclonedx maven plugin breaks on recent
maven releases (3.9.0)

on a new local build with maven updated on homebrew (which i needed for
spark). so a code change too. That issue doesn't surface on our
release dockers, but will hit other people. especially over time. Going to
revert HADOOP-18590. Publish SBOM artifacts (#5281)