Is it a problem limited to MiniDFSCluster, or is it a broader problem of
RPC client resource cleanup? The patch is changing connection close
cleanup, so I assumed the latter. If so, then it could potentially impact
applications integrating with the RPC clients.

If the problem is limited to MiniDFSCluster and restarts within a single
JVM, then I agree the impact is smaller. Then, we'd want to consider what
downstream projects have tests that do restarts on a MiniDFSCluster.

Chris Nauroth