-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joan C
Biella
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:33 PM
To: heb-naco@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Re: LC doc on Hebrew references in NARS

As Lenore says, a serious discussion of these topics can go on for
weeks.  Yossi has just suggested to me that the meeting of the
Cataloging Committee (no matter how far into the night it goes!) will
not be long enough for us to really sink our teeth just into the various
methods of approach.  (Yossi's words were more along the lines of, "I've
read the first page of the document and I have several critici... er,
ques... er..."

Perhaps we could schedule an extra meeting to go into some depth with
this subject by itself.  With the permission of Rachel Simon, my
roommate, I would be glad to offer my/our hotel room as a venue on
Monday or Tuesday night, if we can't find someplace more spacious.

Do any of you think this is a good idea?
Joan

>>> "Lenore Bell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/19/2008 12:50 PM >>>
Dear Colleagues,

I highly recommend that when we discuss this topic, we use Joan's
excellent examples document/discussion paper as a guide.

Joan didn't mention in her messages, but LC's Hebraica cataloging staff
devoted a number of meetings to these issues, and managed only to reach
consensus on the format of the 670!

Nevertheless, I look forward to further discussion in the Cat Com, and
hope that experience we all gain during the "testing" period in the
initial months of implementation will help us develop recommendations
for policy and/or best practices.

Lenore
>>> "Joan C Biella" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/19/2008 11:41 AM >>>
Friends,

I wrote a document to guide the LC Hebraica Cataloging Team during the
first weeks of the experimentation period for adding nonroman NARS.  It
can now be found on the wiki at

http://rascat.pbwiki.com/Agenda-June-2008

under "Authority Control" click on the "hebnrrefguide.doc" link.  This
document shows some of our thinking about various possibilities for
creating Hebrew references.

Joan