Hello,

Am Tue, Jun 04, 2024 at 01:29:22PM +0200 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> My goal would be to be able to use Guix within the image, so I can have
> GitLab-CI spawn ‘guix build’ commands (or similar).

with a colleague we have set up such a system. He has started from a Debian
image and written a docker script to install Guix "manually", which provides
our base image. Then Gitlab CI creates a new image from a channels file in
the git repository we want to monitor. The command we use is
"guix system image -t docker" and not "guix pack"; I am not really familiar
with the second command, and as far as I understand the first one has the
difference of running the shepherd as the docker command, which in our case
starts the guix-daemon and a guix-build-coordinator-agent.
(One addition: We use the patch in
   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/70933
to enable chroot in the container and then run the container in privileged
mode.)

Maybe we should write up a little blog post once everything is settled.

Andreas