Hi,

Andreas Enge <andr...@enge.fr> skribis:

> Am Tue, Jun 04, 2024 at 01:29:22PM +0200 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
>> My goal would be to be able to use Guix within the image, so I can have
>> GitLab-CI spawn ‘guix build’ commands (or similar).
>
> with a colleague we have set up such a system. He has started from a Debian
> image and written a docker script to install Guix "manually", which provides
> our base image. Then Gitlab CI creates a new image from a channels file in
> the git repository we want to monitor. The command we use is
> "guix system image -t docker" and not "guix pack";

To be able to do that, you need to have Guix already up and running in
the Docker image you pass to GitLab-CI: that’s the problem I’m trying to
solve.

Or did I misunderstand?

(It’s possible to sidestep that problem for instance by having GitLab-CI
offload to a runner in a machine that you control, where Guix is
installed.  But I’m looking for a solution that could work
out-of-the-box on any GitLab-CI or similar instance.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.