>>> Gerald Gutierrez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06-Apr-00 7:24:10 AM
>>>

>How big is the "development group" for HURD right now? It sounds
>much more ethical to me to rally a bit to give HURD a higher
profile, build a
>little momentum and in the process attract more people to the
project. I
>could be wrong, but judging by the volume of the mailing lists it
seems
>current interest is quite small and can probably use a boost.

The trouble is one comes up against apathy a lot. Not many people
seem to understand why the HURD will be a big hit.

But having said that, it WILL be a big hit: once all the necessarys
are working.

I'm trying to find time in a crazy schedule to port Kaffe (JVM) to
the HURD. I feel that the HURD's place has to be as a server OS
initially (partly because of lacking PPP). A big part of that is a JVM
since then we could run cool webserver stuff (and the very wonderfull
Kawa by Per Bothner).

I'd like the HURD team to give us some idea of what remains to be
done (the websites seem a bit out of date) before they can say "this
is version 1.0".

Nic