Mozilla has a marketshare of about 35%.  considering that most companies
that fight microsoft fade into nothingness, i think this is remarkable.
if you had seen their latest browser or even read about it's technology
you might see that it is destined to be used by every comapny that
builds those "web-centric" applications. netscape i believe knew that
the world that they were kings of was ending and as a last ditch attempt
at survival "open sourced" their code. if nothing else they did a double
fisted finger protest to microsoft ensuring that there would be a better
broswser option than internet explorer.  that i call success, winning.
dying nobely after the follies of youth...  whatever yeah.