Gerald Gutierrez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Perhaps I'm not as idealistic as Richard Stallman; I don't always believe
> that you can give away software and lose nothing. If I create something
> which is unique and I give it away, what I have is no longer unique. If I
> had to spend lots of money to create it, then the uniqueness also has a
> monetary value which I've also (at least partially) lost.

I'm a bit more idealistic :)

Why spend money on creating somthing, just because it's unique? I think you
shuld spend money on developing software which you (or the costumer who
ordered it) can use. If you develop software with the purpose of making it
solve your problems, it dosn't matter, if it's unique. And then you don't
loose anything by making it free software.

Sorry, if i'm getting too much off topic...

--
mortenp

"Programs expand to fill the memory available to hold them"
                                        --- Parkinson's Law