I threw a quick app together to show how haml and sass can work on heroku,
along with formtastic and a nice jquery dynamic styles changer here:
http://mccaffrey-formtastic.heroku.com/

The project is on github here
http://github.com/jmccaffrey/formtastic_sass_on_heroku

Let me know if you have any questions, I did this a few months ago...

I hadn't heard of hassle, I'll have to check it out.

-John

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Marcel Overdijk
<marceloverd...@gmail.com>wrote:

> As I understand sass_on_heroku or better hassle can be used to compile
> sass stylesheets to the /tmp folder on Heroku. I'm wondering what the
> findings are about using this approach.
>
> I'm asking because of this mention in the Heroku docs. Especially the
> last sentence.
>
> There are two directories that are writeable: ./tmp and ./log (under
> your application root). If you wish to drop a file temporarily for the
> duration of the request, you can write to a filename like
> #{RAILS_ROOT}/tmp/myfile_#{Process.pid}. There is no guarantee that
> this file will be there on subsequent requests (although it might be),
> so this should not be used for any kind of permanent storage.
>

> Cheers,
> Marcel

-John