Greetings,

I've not had to deal with heavy playa storms as to yet with the
hexayurt, but, from a mechanical point of view, if you want to make
pre-taped sections that still allow for the long-strength connection,
just as you add the pvc to the tape for the anchors, if you hinge-cut
two pieces of pvc tube, after rolling them into the tape, and then, when
you get to the playa, you can simply put a pin (something like a 7"
nail, with a cap, or a clevis) through the interwoven pieces of PVC,
making the piece of tape virtually a single piece.  You might want to
bias the tape over one side, so that your pvc isn't exactly on the
roof-point (since you are probably going to want more than one) and you
are going to want to make sure the fit is really tight, otherwise you
will have knocking (and possibly denting or tearing) during the heavy
storms.

You could probably also do the same with two un-cut pieces of PVC and a
U-bolt, but ... at that point it really gets heavy, and might start
flapping around.

I wonder if it might be better to use, say, ratcheting straps, with the
tails of the straps running under (within layers?) of the tape, and just
water-knot them at the top to give them the connective strength.  I just
don't know if the ratcheting straps might put too much force, and deform
the yurt.  Of course, if you use wide enough straps, and have a good way
of attaching them that doesn't involve tape, you might have those cloth
hinges for folding that might work all the nicer, be much less prone to
being a wick, and allow for adjusting the tension, without having to
re-pound your rebar.

Just some thoughts, no tested solutions ...

Percival